Tuesday, October 11, 2011

An early challenge




At this early juncture, already I face a test of dedication.  It's 5:30 AM (not an unusual bedtime for me), and my first class isn't till 11:35, so I'm giving up about two hours of much needed sleep to make this run happen.

I think it's worth it though.  Something about the commitment, the ritual, makes it seem even more healthy than sleeping.  Besides, if we give up every time we're sleep deprived, we'll never get around to any of this stuff.  I find myself surprisingly excited at the prospect of waking up in less than four hours.

Time to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. "I find myself surprisingly excited at the prospect of waking up in less than four hours".....think how exciting it would be to wake up at 7am every morning!
    But yes, I approve.
    As they (will) say,
    umami up your life.

    ReplyDelete